I’m pleased to announce that I’ll be supervising 1-2 Part II projects next year, working within the Goodwin group. Prospective students are encouraged to get in touch by email to discuss potential research topics. Projects are largely student-motivated and typical themes may include one or a mixture of the following:
- Synthesis of functional coordination polymers and metal-organic frameworks
- Piezoelectric, battery and sensing applications
- Structural characterization by advanced X-ray diffraction
- Investigation of phase behaviour and formation of solids
- In-situ X-ray diffraction studies of crystallization
In addition to performing the main part of their experimental work within the Chemistry Department, students may get the opportunity to participate in beamtime at national facilities such as Diamond synchrotron or ISIS neutron source. Certain projects may also involve collaboration and visits to groups at Cambridge University and NIMS, Japan.